fenglife

How to get the grey boxes

9 posts in this topic

The grey ones are called  superboxes. They come as a prize from getting 3 wins in quick fights. They aren't as common as the wooden boxes and patterns are believed to be random (superbox pattern)

7 minutes ago, PremiVex said:

The grey ones are called  superboxes. They come as a prize from getting 3 wins in quick fights. They aren't as common as the wooden boxes and patterns are believed to be random (superbox pattern)

Every time I see them, my chest slots are full. It sucks.

1 minute ago, fenglife said:

Sounds terrible, happens to me and probably many others on the forum. But you just have to be lucky when you have a free slot.

14 hours ago, fenglife said:

Thats actually part of the problem; you are letting your chest slots get too full, IMO. :)

This is a game about smart loot accumulation as much as it is about making the best vehicle, IMO.  To me, this is all tied together:

• Grey Boxes = Best Loot = Fastest way to Best Vehicle
  • Its freaking easy to get a regular box.   They are actually in your way, its so easy.
  • I want EVERY grey box I get (yeah, its random but still...I dont want to ever miss any).
  • I dont want to open a grey box unless it has 3 crowns on it (for the best possible super-parts)
  • Since crowns can be a pain to make... I want to heavily favor getting crowns on my grey boxes (ie try not to waste any on regular boxes)

This is what you want to do to get as many super parts as you can.   And... I have a simple strategy to get this to occur.

• Open any regular box as fast as you can (ie watch 4 videos).  No crowns if you can help it; just open them fast so they arent a crown option.
    • There are a lot, and you will still get toolboxes (which crowns dont affect anyway), gems,money and plenty of decent loot.
    • You will still get some sweet items even without crowns, and those items are all good for selling, upgrading levels, etc. No real loss, IMO
    • The implication here is... when you have no regular boxes around you always have space for a grey box when they show.
  • When you get a grey box, start making crowns right away; restart your win streak to get easier opponents if a handy crown isnt within grasp.
    • Since you only keep grey boxes.. all crowns will land on some grey box.
    • Open a grey box as soon as it has 3 crowns.  ALWAYS have the timer running on a fully-crowned grey box.

Thats it.  I used to put crowns on every regular box... and I found I was spending most of my time doing EXACTLY that, to little effect.

Now.. I often have 3-4 grey boxes all in various stages of crowns, and I have plenty of loot to sell/upgrade with.  When the game stops giving me videos to speed up box opening.. just focus on making crowns for grey boxes, to be ready for when it allows videos again....

... Hope this helps.

• Like 1

That is generally the best strategy. Open the brown ones as fast as you can (either gem them or watch ads). The trash they provide makes great fodder for gold. Since these purple boxes also drops toolkits unlike the brown ones that don't. 

10874007504550125795.JPG.426db9713ed52dbf7050f3cda88b90f7.JPG

I didn't check explicitly, but I'm pretty sure wooden boxes can also give toolboxes.

It is very easy for me to max my crowns, so I do it for wooden boxes as well. I try to open wooden boxes during the day, and I'll start to open a superbox before going to bed (or before another activity that makes me unable to play for a while).

Superboxes are definitely better than wooden boxes -- but they take 3 times as much time to open, whereas their value isn't typically "three times as good" (whatever that might mean exactly). Superboxes simply contain more materials (7 parts instead of 4) and have one epic part, which is convenient, but after a while you mostly build your car around legendaries and parts upgraded from bets anyway (at least, I do). Superboxes are usually just as much "fodder for gold" to me as wooden parts, except it takes so much longer to open them. :P

• Like 3

On 4/28/2017 at 5:04 AM, Aluce said:

I didn't check explicitly, but I'm pretty sure wooden boxes can also give toolboxes.

It is very easy for me to max my crowns, so I do it for wooden boxes as well. I try to open wooden boxes during the day, and I'll start to open a superbox before going to bed (or before another activity that makes me unable to play for a while).

Superboxes are definitely better than wooden boxes -- but they take 3 times as much time to open, whereas their value isn't typically "three times as good" (whatever that might mean exactly). Superboxes simply contain more materials (7 parts instead of 4) and have one epic part, which is convenient, but after a while you mostly build your car around legendaries and parts upgraded from bets anyway (at least, I do). Superboxes are usually just as much "fodder for gold" to me as wooden parts, except it takes so much longer to open them. :P

Yes. Wooden boxes may indeed have a toolbox included. I got a screen shot of it yesterday.

Screenshot_20170512-111429.png